Terms & conditions at Hótel Ísland
Our main policy is to uphold a friendly, clean and safe place for our guests to enjoy a comfortable night sleep, weather guests are visiting in their leisure time and seeking activity or adventures in our country or visiting on business and need to reboot before next day's session or a safe travel home. In order to do that, we want to make our terms & conditions an easy read and understandable, so every guest can participate in making this the friendly, clean and safe place for every guests to stay.
- Valid credit card number is required to guarantee all reservations.
- We will charge your credit card in accordance with the cancellation terms stated in your reservation. If payment is declined we have the right to cancel the reservation.
- We have the right to pre-authorize your credit card prior to arrival and full payment.
- In case of no-show or late cancellation the total cost of room and extra services ordered will be charged.
- When more than 5 rooms are reserved other cancellation policies will apply.
- Prepayments are not refunded.
Cancellation and modification terms
- Cancellation can only be made through booking engine. If made through email, cancellation is valid when hotel has confirmed the cancellation.
- Non refundable reservations are non changeable reservations.
- Any modification to a reservation must be done before cancellation policy is applied.
Check in terms
- Check in starts at 14:00 (2pm), early check-in is subject to availability for a fee.
- Valid credit card must be filed with reception for extras, incidental and incidental hold.
- Full payments of guest rooms and extra services are to be paid at check in the latest.
- Valid passport or European ID card must be given at check in.
- Minimum age for check in is 18 years old.
- Guests are responsible for any use of their guest key.
Check out terms
- Check out no later than 11:00 (11am), late check-out is subject to availability for a fee.
- Credit card on file will be charged for all extras and incidentals unless pre-settled with other payments at reception prior to check out.
Smoking and substance policy
- The hotel is a non-smoking property.
- According to Icelandic laws; smoking, vaping or use of tobacco is not tolerated in guest rooms, public areas, terraces or entrances of the building.
- Cleaning fee of 40.000 ISK will be charged if guests smoke or use tobacco in guest rooms or public areas.
- Use of any illegal substances or serious violence of smoking law will be reported to the police.
Spa and gym policy
- Guests are to shower before entering wet area and to wear clean swimsuit.
- Minimum age of spa use is 21 years old, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Consumption of outside drinks and food is not permitted in spa area and locker rooms.
- Spa reception is open weekdays from 8:00 (8am) to 17:00 (5pm), other times hotel reception grants access.
- Minimum age of gym us is 18 years old.
- Gym is open daily from 8:00 (8am) to 21:00 (9pm).
Hótel Ísland will strive to resolve any issue or conflicts it will have with it's customers or clients directly with a strong guidance of our customer service and service attitude where we uphold our terms, conditions and policies. If there will be any dispute between the Hótel Ísland or the company Heilsumiðstöðin 108 Reykjavík ehf and it's customers or clients which can not be settled directly, the legal venue is the District Court of Reykjavík.